Saturday, September 27, 2008

This morning started off with a quick visit from my cousin Sherilyn and her two children, Joshua and Eva. They came down to see Grandpa's and other family in the area. I wish I could have visited longer but this day was cram packed. I did get a picture of Eva, 4months and Jakob, 5months.



Mark worked early this morning after a very late night last night and then had the middle of the day off. We have had a BBQ scheduled for this day for a few weeks so he was able to be home to get ready for that. He actually had to go back to work before everyone left.

My great uncle Dave Krabill passed away on Tuesday and his funeral was today too. I took all the kids with me, Anika was so tired that she fell asleep singing in my mom's arms. He was my grandpa's last living sibling, so that generation is now gone. My grandpa and Dave married sisters so this makes me double related to all the family, yikes! I was thinking about it all this morning how it's the first stem of my family tree (of family I am able to remember, if that makes sense) to be completely gone and probably one of the last times that all this family is together even if there is a reunion sometime down the road. Dave had 42 grandchildren, 8 step grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren, 26 step great-grandchildren and 25 step great-great grandchildren. That's a total of 135!!! As one of his grandchildren noted in the service, "He obeyed God's command to go forth and multiply."

No comments: